Sending Flowers from Hawaii
- As of December 1, 2015 all orders are shipped by FedEx Priority unless USPS Priority Mail is indicated on the product page. Alaska shipments remain Economy per FedEx policy.
These are the main points for shipping from Hawaii:
- You can order any time in advance and choose your arrival date. Please don’t wait to the last minute to order.
- Shipping is based on weight and is shown at checkout. Some products include free shipping.
- Your package is insured so long as someone signs for it. FedEx can leave it at the door but then it’s not insured against weather, theft or other damage. Select this option at checkout. If you’re worried about someone being at home we can also deliver to a workplace of have the package held at FedEx for pickup.
- Deliveries are weekdays. No weekend or holiday delivery. In some cases we can arrange a Saturday delivery for an extra charge.
- Overnight shipping is available to California, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Seattle, Boise and other west coast locations by FedEx Priority. Call or email and we’ll check your zip code. Or you can check at FedEx.com under Rates and Transit Times. Our origin zip code is 96720.
- Last minute orders may have to go UPS which is later delivery.
- Most shipping locations are 2 business days from Hawaii using FedEx Priority class.
- Flower assortments are not sent arranged. Protea baskets are.
- We will email you a tracking link after FedEx picks up. Please double check and keep an eye on your package through email alerts. We watch all packages until delivery is complete.
- We can’t ship to a PO box.
- Giving us the wrong address may result in a delay and a $15 FedEx charge. Please double check your order.
More details on shipping:
- Weekends and holidays add to the shipping time. We’ll pack your flowers to stay fresh but they will last longer with shorter shipping times.
- Generally delivery is guaranteed by 10:30 AM. However FedEx service varies by location. Some locations are guaranteed by noon. More rural areas including all of Hawaii have 5 PM delivery guarantees.
- If you need to know your particular delivery guarantee check the FedEx web site or contact us and we’ll check for you.
- FedEx picks up around noon Hawaii time. We need a little time to prepare your last minute orders.
- Shipping costs include labor and material to pack your order including the box.
- Hawaii inter island is overnight by Priority. No weekend deliveries.
- FedEx charges more for Alaska shipments. That’s why we add a surcharge for Alaska zip codes. Note that Juneau is 3 days for Economy shipping, not 2, as are some native villages. Alaska shipments are sent Economy.
- FedEx does not deliver on weekends or Federal holidays (New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, or Christmas Day). Unless they get behind which does happen during Christmas.
- During the days before Christmas FedEx will suspend their delivery time guarantees due to high volume. So have your holiday orders sent early in case there is a slight delay.
- FedEx can not deliver to a PO box address. Unless your post office has made special arrangements for smaller towns.
- We can ship to a FedEx location for pickup. Just find a convenient location and have your package sent there. The recipient will need the tracking number and a picture ID.
- If your order contains an incorrect address please let us know before shipping. If a package ships with an incorrect address due to your error we’ll need to collect a $15 charge prior to delivery. FedEx charges us for corrections and this usually delays the package by at least one day. Please verify the delivery address in your order.
- We insure all packages just in case. However, if no signature is obtained at delivery FedEx will not honor our insurance as something may happen to the box if left on the porch.In the unlikely event of damage during shipping let us know that day and we’ll take care of it. So long as the package was signed for.
More About Shipping Flowers from Hawaii
- Shipping flowers from Hawaii requires us to show some special care when packing and preparing your order. Your fresh Hawaiian tropical flowers or lei flowers are picked fresh, washed and inspected. They are then carefully wrapped in ti leaves, florist wrap, newspaper, insulation or cold pack (if needed) and sealed in a tropical flowers box. This is a long box specifically designed for shipping tropical flowers from Hawaii. The box has handling instructions on the outside to alert the courier as to the urgent and special care needed for the package. Our shipping prices include all handling, boxes and packing material.We use FedEx to deliver your order direct from our farms to your doorstep. For late orders and on busy days we may also use UPS which has a later pickup so long as we can guarantee the same delivery date. UPS deliveries are usually later in the day than FedEx Priority.Most items can be shipped as soon as the next business day after an order is placed. Many items can be shipped same day, if we receive your order early enough in the morning, and depending on the number of orders for that day.We suggest not shipping flowers and leis over a weekend or holiday if possible as this adds one day to the shipping time (Friday to Monday). Leis and flower can arrive on a Friday and be kept refrigerated or in a vase if needed for a Monday graduation, birthday or other special event.You can order your wedding, luau or party supplies as much as a year in advance. There is a place on our shopping cart form where you can tell us the exact day you would like the order to arrive. We will determine the appropriate day to ship your package based upon the destination and the shipping method you have chosen.Once your package has been shipped, you will receive a shipping confirmation email with the tracking details for your shipment and the link to track the package as it makes it’s journey to your door.
Shipments go out on weekdays only for delivery on weekdays only. FedEx will not deliver on Saturday without an extra charge or at all on Sunday’s or Federal holidays.
To ensure that we keep our prices down, shipping costs are not included per the item, but rather are calculated based upon the weight of the package that will be shipped.
Shipping costs will be added to your final price when you ‘check out’ in the shopping cart. Your exact cost is displayed before you make payment.
Because our flowers and leis are so hardy and will last a long time after they arrive, we recommend that you have them shipped to arrive a day in advance of the day you will need to use them.
Alii Hawaiian Tropical Flowers will not be held responsible for shipping delays due to weather, labor disputes, strikes, local service disruption, national service disruption, acts of war or acts of terrorism. We strongly advise that you schedule your shipment to arrive the day before you will need to use it, to ensure it is in your possession for your special event. If FedEx is less than 12 hours late for your event they will not allow a claim for flowers or leis.
In the event that we are provided with an incorrect or incomplete delivery address, there is a $15.00 charge that must be collected before delivery is made. Alii Hawaiian Tropical Flowers will not be held responsible for delivery delays due to incomplete addresses provided by our customers.
Because our fresh flowers and leis are perishable, we can only insure the contents on packages which are signed for at the first time of attempted delivery. Alii Hawaiian Tropical Flowers will not be held responsible for the condition of any shipment that was left without a signature required for delivery. We will be held responsible for the condition of any package which FedEx has attempted a delivery and there was no one available to sign for the package. In the case where no one signs for the package and a signature is required, the package will be returned to FedEx until someone goes to pick it up or makes arrangements for FedEx to redeliver.
FedEx charges to Alaska are higher than other states. For this reason we have to add a shipping surcharge to Alaska zip codes. This $10.00 charge will be shown when you check out. Also, note that Economy Shipping to Juneau is 3 days, not 2 as for other locations. Ship times to native villages may also be a day longer. Contact us with the zip code and we will check with FedEx and let you know.
If you have any questions about shipping, or would like assistance with your order, contact us or call (808) 934-7295